Beware! I had a problem with my 2004 BMW M3 convertible top and I was stopped at a local repair shop who said they were unable to take me that week. While I spoke with a Retired Henrico Police officer that I respect greatly, and he recommended Bimmer Rescue. I drove my car there and was met by a friendly face that I knew. I thought, this is great, I know the guy... I'll be taken care of well. I left my car with a small list of "To Do's" and they even paid for my Uber home. This was on Monday... Wednesday I was sent an email with fairly comprehensive inspection results... I was notified that they couldn't visually find a cause to the "coolant leak" and told me what a pressure test and diagnostics would cost. I hesitantly agreed (Turns out the system just needed to be bled of air). They sent me a picture of a dried up spot at the bleeder valve and said that was the leak (this was in the inspection results)... They found the cause of the convertible top not operating (frayed wire) and told me how much it was to replace it. I declined. It was there for an oil change which they performed for an outrageous amount. They notified me that my car wouldn't pass inspection due to suspension issues. I had notified them that I had a 4 wheel alignment 2 weeks prior, yet they still failed it. (I have since had it checked out by 2 reparable shops that said the suspension was in great shape, one which bled my coolant for free and its been fine ever since). I declined further work and was called Wednesday and notified that my car was ready for me to come pick up- still "leaking fluid" and a (falsely) failed inspection and an inspection sheet that recommended thousands of dollars worth of work... I arrived by Uber (They paid for that too) Thursday morning and the wiring loom had been all but shredded to find a few wires showing minimal wear (in their shop, I wrapped the wires with electrical tape and then I left to fix the rest of it). When I went to go into my trunk the next morning to put something in there, I saw the back of the rear headrest laying in the rear window... I opened the top and discovered that it was freshly super glued (poorly even). The response I got was "When the tech were testing the top, the tech put his hand on the top of the headrest and the cover literally fell off. In your paperwork for the top it was mentioned you MAY need a headrest as he clips are brittle over time and use"... No, it was broken because your tech broke it! I took the pieces and I laid them in the seat and went back to the trunk. When I opened it, I found the trunk had not been reassembled when they took it apart to research the top issue. After further inspection, there were numerous parts they had not put back in place around the car, so I had to do it myself.
Over $460 for basically an oil change and all I really got was a fat bill and a broken car.
We texted back and forth a few times (some of me me sending pictures of what was left in disarray) and I got "I'll call you shortly"... That was June 12, and I still haven't heard from them... and its August 9... But they sure had no problem taking my money!